Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A souvenir of Bangalore


I've been working fairly slowly the last few weeks on a new project. I want to make souvenir postcards of places I travel to so as I'm currently living in Bangalore I started there.


I used different materials and techniques to make it. The background is painted with fabric water colour dye and finished with pastels. The main body of the rickshaw is appliqu├ęd onto the background. I stuck it down with bondaweb and stitched it down. The details are added in running stitch with embroidery thread. 

The front and back have pelmet vilene in-between them to make the whole postcard stiff.


I embroidered the back to make it more postcard-like.

2 comments:

  1. Love the postcard - glad to see you have made a start on this project

    ReplyDelete
  2. Art postcard is awesome...grt work jenny...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...