Thursday, June 14, 2012

Crocheted jar covers


Having whipped out my crochet hook (I only have the one) to make my amigurumi teddy bear I then proceeded to go on a crochet FRENZY. The next few posts will be documenting the chaos.

I have a whole bundle of glass jars sitting in a cupboard in my kitchen. They're the remains of yoghurts and Gu chocolate deserts. At times I can be a massive horder. I've been trying to think of a way of using them. It occurred to me that it might be cute to crochet covers for them (CROCHET FRENZY).

I was pretty confident that someone else would have had this idea so I googled for it and discovered hundreds of people had and that they had also usefully written tutorials. Tangled Happy had a great collection of jam jar cover tutorials from many different websites. These were great. I also really liked Attic24's tutorial on making crochet tin covers.

As mentioned previously I am quite rubbish at following crochet instructions, so although these websites gave me a starting point, I soon abandoned them and just made it up as I went along. This may be obvious by looking at my covers.

It was fun though and gave me something to do whilst watching Game of Thrones. Now I just have to think of what to do with glass jars covered in crochet.... tea lights maybe?

2 comments:

  1. love your blog posts - bright and fun, and always make me feel happy for some reason! Would like to nominate you for a Versatile Blogger Award - have done a little blog post about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! That's such a lovely thing to hear.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...