Friday, August 31, 2012

Guest Post: Making a diary cover by Thread Fairy

Thread Fairy has kindly written the following guest post for me. She's just started blogging but I recommend popping by - I predict some glorious goodies will be featured on her blog soon.

*********************************************************************************

Every year I make a cover for my academic diary.


Two fabrics have been sewn together and you can see where I have started to quilt. The pink (cerise red) fabric is screen printed with a selection of bird ‘sayings’. The yellow (acid lemon) has a screen printed green square (turquoise) and then a ‘lino’ printed bird. 


The cut ‘lino’.



Fabric is now all quilted and I have folded back the flaps to hold the book.

 
The lining is placed over the cover and will be stitched along the top and bottom.

Front of diary.


Back of diary.

*********************************************************************************

Thanks Thread Fairy!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...